We’ll Help You Assert Your Legal Rights
Criminal charges pose a significant threat to your freedom. When faced with the harsh potential consequences of a conviction — not to mention the lingering effects of a criminal record — you should leave your case in the hands of a trusted legal professional with proven experience.
The lawyers at DeVries + Kelly have more than two decades of criminal law experience, which they leverage to help individuals navigate serious charges. Before focusing on criminal defense, founding attorney Scott A. DeVries served as both a deputy prosecutor for Marion County and a master commissioner (appointed judge). He handled thousands of criminal matters in both roles. You can benefit from his insider knowledge of how the judge, jury and prosecutor will approach your case.
Nowhere do experience and results matter more than when your freedom is at stake. Choose the proven experience of a former deputy prosecutor and appointed judge.
Tailoring A Strategy To Fit Your Situation
A successful legal strategy for someone facing first-time misdemeanor charges will look very different than the approach to repeat felony charges. At DeVries + Kelly, we never take a cookie-cutter approach to criminal defense. Our experience enhances our ability to develop nuanced legal strategies. We will work with you to design an effective plan of action that fits your circumstances, needs and goals.
Our firm provides experienced guidance on a wide array of Indiana criminal matters in both state and federal courts, including:
- State and federal charges
- Drug possession, trafficking and manufacturing
- Gun charges and crimes involving deadly weapons
- Theft, criminal conversion and other property crimes
- Assault and battery, including domestic battery
- White collar crimes such as embezzlement and fraud
- Public intoxication, OVWI/DUIs and serious traffic violations
- Boating violations, including boating while intoxicated
- Probation violations
- Sex crimes
- Sentence reduction from jail time to home detention or diversion programs (for those eligible)
- Post-conviction proceedings such as post-conviction relief, appeals and sentence modifications
- Expungement of criminal records
Get Started With A Free Consultation
Don’t attempt to tackle complex criminal charges on your own. For professional legal guidance from a former deputy prosecutor, contact us at 317-643-5918. You can also reach us online. Initial consultations in the area of criminal defense are free of charge. With offices in Indianapolis and Hamilton County, we handle criminal cases across Indiana.